Thursday 27 October 2011

That One Boy

I only said yes to you because of the way you smiled at me.  Anyone who knows me will tell you how much I hate zombie movies but in that one moment when you looked me in the eyes and smiled, I didn’t care if it was a five hour zombie marathon or an actual zombie takeover. We sat in the cinema but I’ll be honest I don’t even remember what happened in the movie because all I did was look at you, the way you were staring up at the screen with  a look of such wonder in your eyes it made my heart skip a beat.  I remember when we walked out of the cinema, the streets as silent as ever and you took my hand in yours; nothing had ever felt so right to me before but at that moment I knew, you were something special. You pulled me into the alleyway next to the cinemas and we just stood there looking at one another, it was so personal… so romantic and yet we were barely even touching, do you remember? I remember it every day.
I remember how it started raining and you pulled me into an empty doorway, your breathing was hard as you looked down at me in the confined space of the doorway, your breathtaking blue eyes piercing into my own and I remember my knees going weak. You looked at me and your lips moved closer to mine, tempting me to reach up and bring our lips together for that one simple kiss but you didn’t you just whispered my name like a caress, your voice was filled with so much emotion, I knew I’d found you… the one. I closed my eyes and brushed my lips against yours, do you remember? It felt as if someone had shocked me, that touch of your skin melted my heart. I remember when you deepened the kiss and my whole body trembled and my knees gave out, you caught me as if it were second nature and held me to your chest. We stayed like that for who knows how long, you holding me and me soaking in your warmth. I remember then as we were standing like that - clearly as if it were yesterday - when you said those three simple words that changed my life forever and I knew I’d fallen in love with you too.
The feelings that are between us are so strong that we don’t even realise what’s going on around us. I see the flash of a gun and I try to push you out of the way, only you tried to jump in the way to protect me. I close my eyes as I hear a bang, expecting to feel the sting of the gun, but I felt nothing. My world was spinning, as I opened my eyes to see you looking down at me and holding your chest. You fell to your knees and I fell with you; the tears rolling down my face and all I could think was, ‘not you, not now, please give me more time.’ Though even after all of this you still managed to look up at me and wipe away my tears. And when I felt my heart breaking into a thousand pieces you gently kissed me on the lips and whispered those three words…
‘I love you.’

No comments:

Post a Comment